Summer Wine Shipping: Keeping Your Cool
Wine shipped directly to you, even in summer.
Savoring a glass of wine on a summer evening is my favorite way to enjoy the warmer weather. Hotter temps can be challenging for us to ensure your wine is shipped to you safely. Find out all the secrets of how it can be done successfully right here:
- Patience is a virtue: We watch those weather maps every day to be sure temperatures aren’t too hot here in Paso Robles and wherever you’re receiving your wine.
- Can’t wait? We’ve added UPS 2 Day Air in your wine shipping options for the safest delivery. Simply ‘Edit’ your shipping options to select.
- Stay vigilant and track your shipment through the emailed confirmation. Delivery issues often arise when recipients are unavailable. Packages left in hot trucks can be problematic.
- If the weather is warm (over 90 degrees), packaging with ice helps maintain wine’s temperature during transit.
- Packing wine in a case instead of a few bottles improves temperature retention and lowers shipping costs per bottle.
- A sign that your wine is cooked will be a popped cork or semi-popped cork, or aromas of stewed fruit and a more acidic, nutty taste.
By keeping these tips in mind, you’ll increase the chances of receiving your wine in perfect condition, even in the summer.