Winter Wine Quiz
Test your knowledge of our past articles and see how you rate with this series of wine questions.
1. An amphora is:
a. A grape varietal used in red blends
b. A clay vessel used to ferment and age wine
c. Batman’s other vehicle
2. What type of wine does Josh make in an amphora? Bonus points for recalling the name!
3. This year’s harvest of 2022 was:
a. Rainy, cool and so slow-paced we were picking into November
b. Fast, furious and hot with temperatures at 110+ for multiple days
4. Our white wine has been First Date, 100% Grenache Blanc for the past two vintages. Josh made a new white wine this year due for release in April and the 2022 vintage will be which varietal?
b. Grüner Veltliner
5. We celebrated one year of business in October, 2022 with a party and new wines for the wine club! Our wine club release wines, still available to new members, are:
a. Best Day Rosé ‘21, Tempting Tempranillo ‘20, Must Have Merlot ‘20
b. First Date ’21 Grenache Blanc, Just Because ‘21 Carbonic Syrah, The Bedfellow ’20 Syrah
c. A trio of blends from the Adelaida District
6. Gibsey loves holiday snacks and at the Beckett house you’re sure to find:
a. Pizza bites, Doritos and Syrah
b. Veggie trays and Rosé
c. Castelvetrano olives, citrus popcorn and Grenache Blanc
A WET YEAR IN THE VINEYARD
7. Here at Thibido Winery, we feel that “Dry January” is:
a. For the birds
b. A grand idea
8. In the vineyard, winter is a season of:
a. Busy activity full of pruning, weeding, and irrigating
b. Patience; we compost and cover crop, tend to erosion control and watch and wait for spring
c. Dropping fruit and leaf thinning and enjoying the sunshine!
Score: 1 – 3 You’re no wine buff, hit the books. 4 – 6 You know just enough to be dangerous. 7 – 8 Winning wine expert of Thibido Winery.